Hi ATD San Diego!
I hope everyone is having a great start to 2019. At ATD San Diego, we are working diligently to get our next six months planned and up on our website. Check it out!
We had a great start to the year with our January kick-off event. This event had two purposes; to celebrate our members and volunteers and to provide an update on business from 2018 and plans for 2019. Without our volunteers, we would not be able to do what we do. A BIG thank you to the following volunteers:
- Chapter Meetings: Beverly Barr and Tom Valeasquez
- HPA: John Alexander and Karen Radzinski
- Mentor/Protégé Program: Genaro Torres and Monica Miller
- ATD International Conference: Rebecca Everett and Nancy McMonigal
- Marketing: Markala Comfort
- OD Special Interest Group: Alan Landers and Kevin Mayfield
Special recognition went to Rebecca and Nancy as Volunteers of the Year for their Herculean efforts in coordinating and leading our ATD International Conference volunteers. The President’s Choice award went to Markala for sharing her marketing and social media expertise with us.
I provided details of our February chapter meeting last month. I am so excited about this event. Please join us on February 20th. You will learn about Human-Centered Design, how it can be used, and engage in the use of a Human-Centered Design tool intended specifically to focus on ATD’s “end user”, our members. More details can be found on our website.
I have another call out for volunteers. Our Director of Technology, Christine Pascual is looking for help with our website. Here are some examples of the work that needs to be done.
- Post President's monthly blog on website
- Post upcoming events and update if needed
- Work with other Board of Directors to keep website content current
- Review Google Analytics and provide suggestions to improve website
- Download all past SurveyMonkey survey results and move them to Google Drive
If you have expertise or an interest in web support, please reach out to Christine directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope to see you soon at our February events. Should you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out at email@example.com.
Mary Jane Riccardi