Welcome to a new year from the American Society of Training and Development (ASTD) San Diego! I’m excited to introduce you to our 2014 Board of Directors and to our upcoming programs and events. Our chapter is centered on providing professional development opportunities and building our ASTD membership community. Because we all work together to help each other, we have a really great thing here in San Diego (and I don’t just mean the weather)!! We can show you how to connect to your community and the worldwide ASTD family. Our theme for this year is Commitment to Excellence!
Please join me, and our 2014 Board of Directors, at our upcoming events.
I encourage you to get involved to help shape your ASTD community and commit to being excellent!
See you very soon,
San Diego Collaboration Event –
From Compliance to Opportunity
Feb 28, 2014
1-5pm, Del Mar Hilton
Join ASTD and all the fellow Training/HR orgs this Friday for our 2nd Annual Collaboration Event - From Compliance to Opportunity. Learn about new information and application of the laws.
February 28th, 2014, 1-5pm, San Diego Marriott Del Mar.
Register on the ASTD SD site: http://www.astdsandiego.org/calendar?eventId=840532&EventViewMode=EventDetails
Richard Simmons will open the session to help us navigate the various labor matters facing us in 2014.
- Breakout Session #1 -
1. Compensation & Benefits Association – SD: Exempt in California – Auditing Your Classifications
2. San Diego Society for Human Resource Management: Whistleblowers – Roles, Rights & Responsibilities
Breakout Session #2 -
1. San Diego Employers Association: Greater Liability for Harassment and Discrimination? Do What I Say AND What I Do
2. ASTD / OD Network / Association of Strategic Planning: Change is Hard – Senior Teams Leading the Way
Register on the ASTD SD site
Plans for 2014:
Liz Aitcheson and Jacqueline Sirota are in the process for putting our calendar into place for 2014. Plans are shaping up and we’ll begin to announce the details soon:
- March Roundtable Chapter Meeting to explore Excellence in Instructional Design of your Training Programs
- April Technology Focus a spotlight on eLearning Trends
- May Chapter BBQ – to kick off the summer
- June Collaboration Event – 2nd Annual Marketplace Mixer
- September 22-24, ASTD National Training Certificate Program
- October Collaboration Event w/SHRM on Leadership Diversity
- November Performance Excellence and Applied Knowledge (PEAK) Awards
- November 13-14 ASTD National Project Management Certification Program
- December Holiday Party
Everyone hears the plea for volunteers in a non-profit organization. What makes us different? We are a community committed to helping each other. I could go on and on about the benefits that ASTD has provided me (leadership opportunities, networking, friends, focused work direction, etc.) but I’d rather show you how ASTD can help you!
Become a member that is involved! Contact me about opportunities.
Visit our website to learn more about ASTD San Diego membership (a true bargain) and ASTD National membership (a treasure trove of industry information).