Hi ATD San Diego
As 2020 winds down, I couldn’t help but think of my time as president of this magnificent chapter. It is very true… this chapter is great because of its members, volunteers, and guests. I have had the opportunity to work with so many of you over the past couple years and every encounter has added to my experience as a chapter leader.
So, what has been accomplished? This is a perfect time to reflect back:
- Re-establishment of our vision, mission, values
- Website redesign
- Email notifications of open positions
- Sponsors and partnerships
- Chapter membership availability on the ATD Store
- Increased LinkedIn social media presence
- Increased use of our YouTube channel
- 20th and 21st anniversary of our Mentor/Protégé Program
- Great chapter meetings, workshops and other programs
- OK... there are too many to list them all here!
Right before I finished writing this letter, I received an email from ATD National. We were named ATD’s December 2020 Chapter of the Month. How exciting!!!
All this gets done through the work of our volunteers. Our marketing Director, Sharon Lo, is completing her responsibilities as a board member this year. Sharon and her team have worked diligently establishing our different levels of sponsorships and enhancing our social media presence. Sharon, thank you for all you have done in this role for ATD San Diego.
The new board will be meeting this month to determine the budget and do some strategic planning for next year, but 2020 is not over yet. Keep an eye on our events calendar.
- You will find an opportunity to obtain OD and training material at no cost. Retired OD and training professional, Mary Kay Lahey, will be donating all her materials to our members and guests. On December 5, 9:00 – 12:00 you will be able to visit her home and take what you want. First come, first served. Registration is required, so be sure to do that before 6:00 PM on Friday, December 4.
- You will also find our ATD Virtual Mixer on December 15.
ATD is offering one virtual certificate program in December:
December 7 – 11 is Employee Learning Week. This week is an opportunity for companies to demonstrate their commitment to talent development. During the week, remind employees about all of the learning and talent development opportunities they can access. It is also a great opportunity to think about how you can enhance learning and development for your customers going into 2021. Keep an eye out for our LinkedIn messages during the week.
It has been a privilege and an honor to be president of this chapter. You'll hear from your new 2021 president, Bridget Randall starting in January. The chapter is definitely in good hands.
I hope you all have a great holiday. Please stay safe and healthy.
Should you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mary Jane Riccardi Chapter President